This exhibit program combines theme exhibits (by the organizer) that introduce the themes above in a fun and easy-to-understand way and advanced technologies/product exhibits (by private companies and organizations) that present the latest products, technologies, systems, and services that embody those themes.
This program offers test rides and experiences of next-generation mobility (personal mobility, micro mobility, etc.) from Japan and abroad and automated driving, etc.
The program theme will be discussed in a gathering of wisdom from Japan and abroad in international symposiums and corporate presentations. Workshops will also be held for children.
Experience next-generation cars, lifestyles, and society while strolling “SMART MOBILITY CITY,” the city of tomorrow.
SMART MOBILITY CITY 2015 (“SMC 2015” hereafter) will revolutionize and transform the concept of exhibitions by creating a space where visitors can physically experience the city-car-people relationship in an exhibit format—a first of its kind. While strolling through this city of tomorrow, visitors will experience the fun and joy of next-generation cars, new lifestyles, societal changes, and new values.
- (1)Private Company/Related Organization Exhibits
- Auto makers, as well as private companies/related organizations/governments involved in telecommunications, environment/energy, urban development, housing, advanced materials, etc. will exhibit cutting-edge products/technologies/systems/services.
- (2) Organizer Exhibit
- Exhibits and experiential programs such as test rides featuring SMC 2015 vehicles, as well as various systems associated with urban environments and the latest technologies. These will be offered as an organizer exhibit at sites created to represent different public facilities, such as a train station and research institutes.
- ■Organizer Exhibit – 1: Station Core
- Station Core will be placed at the center of SMC 2015, serving as a place to introduce the latest technologies and systems related to urban environments and transportation systems. The people of this town will be seen actively utilizing a variety of micro mobility vehicles at the rotary in front of the station.
Participants can experience test rides of popular micro mobility vehicles on a unique course that runs from the plaza in front of Station Core (indoors) and out to the track yard (outdoors).
- ■Organizer Exhibit – 2: Personal Mobility Research Lab
- Personal Mobility Lab is the first lab in the world to introduce the latest technologies from research in personal mobility that seeks to bring a harmonious co-existence of vehicles and people. Tests are being performed continuously at the test course within the site of this lab, which is designed to allow diverse people to participate in test riding these vehicles.
- ■Organizer Exhibit – 3: Cars and ICT&E Lab
- Car and ICT&E (Energy/Entertainment) Lab explains the mechanism of automated driving, FCV, EV, PHV/HV, etc., and introduces the latest technologies related to cars, information technology, energy, etc. Demonstrations and test rides on automated driving will also be provided at the spacious test course on the Rooftop Exhibition Area.
Note: Photos and images included in each program are either from the previous show or are concept sketches.